When Life Begins At 30
Here are some great lesson one learns after turning the big 30. You learn to take things as they come. Imminent explosion and all. You know, hakuna matata. Here’s why you should be ready for your 30s:
– You know how you were faking it hoping to make it? Well, it’s finally a reality. At some point, maybe when you’re training the interns or new hires, you realize, hey, I actually know what I’m talking about! You’ve paid your dues, and it has paid off.
– A treat is actually a treat, so savor it more. For example, cake is something you’ll treat myself with on “cheat day” and not something you’ll stuff youself sick with for breakfast.
– You have fewer friends because you’ve started shedding those acquaintances and dropping toxic “besties,” but damn, the ones who do stick around are definitely quality.
You actually know how to cook youself a decent meal. You’ve finally wised up to the fact that cooking can save you a lot of money and it’s even a little therapeutic.
– Your at your most creative. Many scientists have their biggest breakthroughs in their late 30s, and that may well be the case for you.
– You crazy radar is nothing to joke about. Toxic girlfriends? You can smell those from a mile away now.
-Things that made you cringe in the past are funny now. You know those moments that made you wish so bad for the floor to open up and swallow you whole? Well, they are now stories that you chuckle with your friends about.
– Your apartment feels like a home and not a dorm room
-Comfort is your top concern now, and your joints and wallet will thank you for it. No more following fleeting trends that don’t last beyond a season.
– You don’t take life for granted. That’s because by this point you’ve experienced death in your life. It’s the hard times that make us really appreciate what we have.
– You brush off worries like dirt off your shoulder. At this age, you know better, and you’ve experienced the gamut of freakouts. Thank goodness, because worry over something you can’t change is so draining.
– You know what you actually want. Sure, it has teken you some wrong turns to finally get it right, but that makes the journey all the more sweeter.
– You actually have the money to spend on travel and serious adult stuff.
– The phrase “this too shall pass” resonate with you more than ever. You have more faith that bad times will pass.
– You feel some effects of aging, which has motivated you to eat healthy and exercise. And what’s more awesome is, you see a lot of your peers going through this transformation. At times you picture your and a friend throwing back your heads laughing about an inside joke about kale or running together on the beach Baywatch style. OK, not really, but it is more fun and motivating when others are in on this health kick.
– All the things you went through in you 20s, you’ll finally reap the benefits of the bad experiences in your 30s. Because now that you’ve been through all of that, you’ll probably have better judgment of avoiding those situations in your 30s.
In the words of Maya Angelou, “When you know better, you do better.”