NO BAKE: RASPBERRY AND WHITE CHOCOLATE MASCARPONE TART
With summer comes berries; strawberries, raspberries, blackberries and blueberries. What could be more simply sweet?
These precious little morsels don’t need much added to them, they are naturally delicious. That’s why placing them on a light cheese tart with just a drizzle of chocolate ganache is all you need for a perfect summer dessert. Plus it’s NO BAKE, that’s right, NO BAKE.
Lori from eatineatout told us how "she can't hardly get through this post without wanted to run to the kitchen for more of this… totally awesome creation." Not a lie, one of the best!
She says even if you not a cheese cake fan, you can use Mascarpone cheese in the recipes. It’s so much lighter and less cheesy tasting than traditional cream cheese. Adding it to whipped cream gives the filling a perfectly firm texture while still being light as air.
RASPBERRY AND WHITE CHOCOLATE MASCARPONE TART
1-1/4 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
3 Tbsp canola oil
2 Tbsp granulated sugar
2-1/2 Tbsp cold water
2 tsp unflavored gelatin
2 Tbsp granulated sugar
1-1/3 cup Mascarpone cheese
1 cup whipping cream
2 Tbsp confectioner’s sugar
¼ cup white chocolate chips (melted and cooled a bit)
2 Tbsp seedless raspberry jam (melted and cooled a bit)
2 pints fresh raspberries
½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
¼ cup 35% cream
For the Crust: Combine all ingredients well. Press into bottom and slightly up sides of a 9” spring form pan. Refrigerate.
For the Filling: Place water in a small dish. Sprinkle gelatin over top and allow to soften for 10 minutes.
- Place eggs and sugar in a double boiler with ½ inch of water in bottom. Stir over medium-low for 10 minutes until thick. DO NOT ALLOW THE WATER TO BOIL or the eggs will cook, just a very low simmer.
- Add Mascarpone and gelatin stirring until smooth. Turn off heat. Set aside.
- Beat whipping cream and confection’s sugar until soft peaks form. Stir into egg mixture. Divide in half. To one half add the white chocolate to the other the jam.
- Pour white chocolate batter over crumbs and smooth out. Refrigerate for 5-10 minutes. Pour jam batter over top, smooth and refrigerate overnight covered.
- To Decorate: Remove sides from spring form pan. Either place berries in circles or roughly pour over top of tart. (I like to do one row on the outside edge place and toss the rest inside that circle.)
- In a small microwaveable dish, add cream and chocolate chips. Microwave for 30 seconds on high then stir. Repeat until smooth. Drizzle or use a squeeze bottle to cover raspberries. Slice and serve alone or with more whipped cream.